Granite Countertops in Hamilton
Granite is an igneous rock, which means it was composed by the cooling of molten rock.
It is an inflexible stone and much skill is needed to carve it. Contemporary methods of carving include the use of rotary bits that are computer operated and sandblasting above a rubber stencil. Known for its toughness and durability granite is often used in the construction of areas of the home or workplace that take the most beating; granite countertops for the kitchen or bath are a perfect example. Like quartz, granite combines durability with beauty which is the perfect combination when considering construction materials for your home or office.
Granite is widely used as an aspect stone and as flooring tiles in private homes and public buildings. Polished granite is widely popular for kitchen and bathroom countertops because of its strong resilience and good looks.
Watch the Truth About Granite, regarding the misinformation about Radon -
Thousands of Full Granite Slabs in Stock
Custom Granite and Marble offers Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton home and business owners a wide range of beautiful products to choose from. View our full gallery to see our products in action or contact us, stop by our showroom or request a quote today to get started on your project!
Benefits of Using Granite in the Home
There are many benefits to using granite in the kitchen or bathroom:
- Granite is a very hard natural stone that is extremely durable. The color and texture of the stone is determined by the cooling speed and the amount of quartz and mica that are found in each piece of stone.
- Granite is considered one of the best stones to use in your home because it’s scratch and wear resistant. You can cut directly on granite without fear of damaging your counter top.
- Granite is highly resistant to staining and chipping.
- Darker granites such Nero Absolute do not require sealing for many years. Although colours tend to be slightly less porous than whiter colours available today, lighter granites purchased from quality quarries are now treated and baked with a resin at the quarry polishing line making them highly stain resistant as well.
- Custom Granite also applies a 15 year sealer on top of the factory resin before your countertop arrives at your home. This stone only needs to be cleaned regularly using soap and water to bring out it's natural lustre.